General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.1. Terms
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Joyride Watersports’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Joyride Watersports’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Joyride Watersports at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Joyride Watersports’s web site are provided “as is”. Joyride Watersports makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Joyride Watersports does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Joyride Watersports web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Joyride Watersports does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Joyride Watersports may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Joyride Watersports does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Joyride Watersports has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Joyride Watersports of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Joyride Watersports’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Malta without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
BOOKINGS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings Terms and Conditions
- Please note that bookings are taken on ‘first come first served basis’ and are all subject to availability.
- If you reserve a Self-Drive boat and on the day of your reservation the boat has technical problems the client will not be able to use the boat the client will be given a full refund.
- The passenger/s renting the boat shall arrive at the check-in location and boarding place sufficiently in advance of departure to permit completion of any formalities and departure procedures and in any event not later than the time that may be indicated by Carrier. If the Passenger fails to arrive in time, for any reservation, at Carrier’s check-in location or boarding place, Carrier may cancel the space reserved for him or her and will not delay the trip. Carrier is not liable to the Passenger for loss or expense due to the Passenger’s failure to comply.
- If you are pregnant, consult with your obstetrician prior booking for any boat ride / water sport.
- Please let us know if you have any medical conditions that may hinder with your choice of boat ride / water sport.
- Trips may be altered or cancelled due to weather conditions for safety of passengers. Therefor if you have booked a self-drive boat and paid a deposit we will give you a refund of your deposit or change to another day if possible.
- The passenger/s and driver shall follow the Carrier’s instructions at all time provided prior or during hiring the self drive boat.
- While hiring our self drive boats all the persons on-board shall not be under the influence of alcohol or any narcotics.
- Any tax or charge imposed by government or other authority, in respect of a Passenger or the use by a Passenger of any service or facilities will be in addition to the published fares and charges and shall be payable by the Passenger.
- Carrier may refuse carriage of any Passenger or Passenger’s Baggage for reasons of safety or if, in the exercise of its reasonable discretion, Carrier determines that: –
- such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable laws, regulations or orders; or
- the conduct, age, mental or physical state of the passenger is such as to:
- require special assistance of Carrier; or
- cause discomfort or make himself or herself objectionable to other passengers; or
- involve any hazard or risk to himself or herself or to other persons or to property; or
- such action is necessary because the Passenger has failed to observe the instructions of Carrier; or
- the Passenger has refused to submit to a security check; or
- the applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid, or credit arrangements agreed between Carrier and The Passenger have not been complied with; or
- the ticket presented by the Passenger:
- has been acquired unlawfully or has been purchased from an entity other than the
- has been reported as being lost or stolen; or
- is a counterfeit ticket; or
- has been altered by anyone other than the Carrier or its authorised agent, or has been mutilated;
- And Carrier reserves the right to retain such ticket.
- The Passenger shall not include in his or her Baggage:
- items which do not constitute Baggage as defied in Article I hereof;
- items which are likely to endanger the vessel or persons or property on board the vessel;
- items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders;
- items which in the opinion of the Carrier are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, size or character, such as fragile of perishable items;
- Firearms and ammunition are prohibited from carriage as Baggage.
- The Passenger shall not include in Baggage fragile or perishable items, money, jewellery, precious metals, silverware, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples.
- Carrier may refuse to carry as Baggage any item because of its size, shape, weight or character.
- For reasons of safety and security, Carrier may request the Passenger to permit a search to be made of his or her person and/or his or her Baggage, and may search or have searched the Passenger’s baggage in his or her absence, for the purpose of determining whether he or she is in possession of or whether his or her Baggage contains any items mentioned in 11 above.
- Animals such as dogs, cats, household birds and other pets may, with the advance agreement of Carrier, be accepted for carriage.
- Acceptance for carriage of animals is subject to the condition that the Passenger assumes full responsibility for such animal. Carrier shall not be liable for injury to or loss, sickness or death of such animal.
- If due to circumstances beyond its control the carrier cancels or delays a trip or is unable to provide previously confirmed space, carrier shall either:
- Carry the passenger on another of its scheduled trip on which space is available; or
- Make a refund of the deposit only and shall be under no further liability to the Passenger.
- In case of a refund:
- Carrier shall make refund to the person who has paid for the ticket upon presentation of satisfactory proof.
- Except in the case of lost tickets, refunds will only be made on surrender to the Carrier of the ticket.
- A refund made to anyone presenting the ticket shall be deemed a proper refund and shall discharge Carrier from liability and any further claim for refund.
- A ticket is lost, refund will be made on proof of loss satisfactory to Carrier, on condition that the lost ticket has not been used, previously refunded or replaced.
- The limits of liability established by the Merchant Shipping Act (Chapter 234 of the Laws of Malta) as amended from time to time shall apply to carriage regulated by these Conditions.
- Except to the extent provided in the said Act, or in any other mandatory provision of law, the Carrier, its servants or agents shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any damage howsoever, whenever or whosesoever the same may have been caused, even though such Damage is wholly or partly due to a wrongful act, neglect of default of the Carrier, its servants or agents.
- In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing: –
- the above shall apply whether the Passenger or Baggage were on land or water, or on or in any vessel or in any other place of any kind, and although the Baggage was in the charge of the Carrier, its servants or agents; or
- the Carrier shall be entitled to the benefit of every right, exemption, limitation, condition, and liberty which may be applicable to the Carrier by virtue of the said Act or any other law or otherwise howsoever and every right, exemption, limitation, condition and liberty contained in these Conditions or applicable as aforesaid, shall extend to protect every servant or agent of the
- Carrier, and all such persons shall, for the purposes of the Conditions be, or be deemed to be, parties to any contract covered by these Conditions; and
- The Carrier shall not be liable for the act, neglect or default of its servants of agents acting outside the course of their employment.
- No agent, employee or representative of Carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of these Conditions of Carriage.
- These Conditions of Carriage shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Malta and the competent Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising here from.